Real estate agents such as those that work at EXIT Real Estate Consultants in LA know that staging can make all the difference when it comes to a quick sale. After all, the more appealing your home looks (and the easier it is for buyers to picture themselves living there), the more likely it is that your home will get multiple offers. How can you stage your home perfectly if you want to sell it quickly?
What do the Experts Suggest?
The experts say that staging your home correctly can be the difference between getting a quick sale or the home lingering on the listing sites for months. How a home is staged will determine how visually appealing it is, so getting this right is therefore especially important. The following are a few tips from the experts:
- Make sure the house is clean: This might sound obvious but real estate agents recommend that you give your home a really deep clean before allowing potential buyers in to see it. You can hire a cleaning company to take care of this for you or you can save money by doing it yourself. If you do want to do it yourself, you need to make sure that you clean your home from top to bottom. This includes floors, walls, and ceilings. Bathrooms should be sparkling and appliances in the kitchen should look like new.
- Declutter: You may have heard this before, but this is a very important tip. Buyers want to picture themselves in your home and clutter can be a distraction. It can stop them visualizing themselves in the rooms but, more than that, it can make it appear as though your home has less space than it actually does. You don’t have to get rid of your bits and pieces but storing it away out of sight when buyers are around can really help.
- Rearrange your furniture: Agents often rearrange furniture when staging a home. They might want to take away a footstool or a coffee table to make the room appear more spacious, or they might move sofas away from walls to create a more intimate appearance. Try moving your furniture around to give the room a different look. You can rearrange your items to highlight specific focal points, such as fireplace if you have one.
- Use white bedding and towels: A great tip when it comes to staging a home is to have white bedding and towels that you use for viewings only. Crisp white bedding and fluffy white towels give a home a luxurious spa-like feel and can be very appealing to buyers. Make sure to remove the bedding and towels after each viewing so that they can be kept clean and fresh for the next one.
- Use natural light: Maximizing natural light by opening shades and curtains can really make your home look its best. If you have a small room, use a mirror to reflect light as this will make it look bigger and brighter.
- Stage the dining table: Laying your dining table with placemats, dishes and cutlery is a great way to allow buyers imagine what it would be like to host a dinner party in the home. Add some finishing touches such as a vase with fresh flowers or a large candle in the center of the table. Keep it chic and avoid using a tablecloth, unless your dining table has seen better days.
The above staging tips are useful when it comes to making your home look its best. And the better your home appears to potential buyers, the quicker you can sell it.